photo Homebutton_zps33ca85a7.jpgAbout button photo Aboutbutton_zpse4960406.jpgFashion button photo fashionbutton_zpsb93094b2.jpgFood button photo Foodbutton_zps1354918f.jpg photo contactbutton_zps4843722f.jpg

Thursday 5 February 2015

Our Noosa Babymoon

babymoon
ˈbeɪbɪmuːn/
noun
informal
  1. a relaxing or romantic holiday taken by parents-to-be before their baby is born.
    "on the eve of my third trimester, we boarded a plane for a week-long babymoon among the quiet canals of Amsterdam"



As soon as we were introduced to the term "babymoon" I knew I wanted in on it!! After all, it'll be our last chance to get away and relax for a (long) while! 

Last week my husband and I made the 1.5 hour drive from Brisbane to Noosa Heads for a 3 night babymoon to rest and recuperate before we welcome a baby into our lives. For us it was essential to be somewhere close to the beach and walking distance from restaurants and boutiques, plus it had to be somewhere within driving distance as I'd left it a little late in my pregnancy to be flying anywhere.

So Noosa ticked all the boxed; great beach, fabulous boutiques and amazing restaurants! (all of my favourite things!!!)


Bliss!

Baby bush turkey got a bit lost!

Beach to ourselves



Where we stayed: SEAHAVEN NOOSA


You can't get much better than this! Its located on Hastings Street (the tourist hub of Noosa) and it's situated on absolute beach front. The resort is sophisticated and modern and contains 3 pools in case sitting poolside with a good book is more your thing. We opted for a 1 bedroom serviced apartment and I tell you what, I could move in there in an instant! It boasted a stunning kitchen and bathroom, king size bed, beautiful furnishings and direct access to the pool and beach. The staff were friendly and couldn't do enough for you...I honestly couldn't fault the place!

Hubby checking out the place

View from our room shows the pool, then the beach

Kitchen and living area




Where we dined.

Bistro C - Situated right on the beach with a relaxed yet refined atmosphere. We had dinner there one night but they're open for breakfast and lunch too. Think dishes like crispy-skinned Atlantic salmon, caramelized pork belly and their famous calamari! Yum! We were told by multiple people that Bistro C was a must-do in Noosa and boy were they all right! http://www.bistroc.com.au/home.html

Season Restaurant - We'd been here multiple times when visiting Noosa for day trips. This place is also right on the beach and they too serve breaky, lunch and dinner. Even if you only call in for a coffee (or espresso martini if you're lucky) you're sure to be impressed. Our favourite dinner dish was the beef cheeks with Massaman curry sauce but they're menu really caters to everyone. http://www.seasonrestaurant.com.au/

Miss Moneypennys - This place won Best Regional Bar in Australia from the Australian Bar Awards 2014 but they're more than just that...they're food is delicious home-style Italian and Mediterranean! If you're not pregnant you'll rejoice at their extensive wine and cocktail list but I was excited about the dessert pizza on offer!!! OMG! Banana and hazelnut chocolate pizza!!! http://www.missmoneypennys.com/



Streets of Harlem - My go-to place for a morning coffee (I allow myself 1 weak coffee per day) as it was directly across the road from where we were staying plus I love a coffee shop with a bit of local flair and individuality. Nothing pretentious, just friendly service and unreal coffee.

Coffee, post morning swim


Where we shopped.

Hastings Street is filled with beautiful fashion, gift and homeware boutiques - some locally owned (my favourites) and some more well known labels like Hugo Boss, Witchery and Lorna Jane. My hubby is lucky that I'm all set for maternity clothes so I'm not buying much until after the baby arrives. I made one clothing purchase, an Australian designed tunic that fits me now (at 31 weeks pregnant) and can also be worn post pregnancy with some skinny jeans and the front tucked in to give me some shape.



All in all we had a wonderfully relaxing holiday, spending most of our time swimming and sleeping in. Noosa was the perfect babymoon destination and after noticing lots of young families we've decided we'd like to head back when there's three of us.

Love!


Megan x

No comments:

Post a Comment