photo Homebutton_zps33ca85a7.jpgAbout button photo Aboutbutton_zpse4960406.jpgFashion button photo fashionbutton_zpsb93094b2.jpgFood button photo Foodbutton_zps1354918f.jpg photo contactbutton_zps4843722f.jpg

Tuesday 5 January 2016

Timeless Summer Essentials

Every wardrobe needs them and most of your wardrobes probably already have them! They're versatile to make mixing and matching a no-brainer and as the title suggests, they're timeless! If you invest in quality pieces they'll see you through multiple summers.


Here's my top 3...

Denim skirt: Choose a style that's flattering on you - mini, midi or even A-line. When it comes to picking what shade of denim, first look at what tops you'll be wearing with it the most. If you wear mostly light tops opt for dark denim or if you wear mostly dark tops try a light, white or chambray. Alternatively, go for a medium shade for a 'just go with everything' skirt that you'll simply wear to death.

Summer dress: Cool and comfortable dresses are a must for the scorching days we get in this country. I'm constantly in mine, mixing up the accessories as I go. Plain block colours like khaki, marle grey or dark blue (more summery than black...but black is ok too) will work hard for you, as will a stripey number. Try layering your summer dresses under tees or vests to give your outfit a bit more substance.

Striped top: You have my permission to have more than one within your possession. I don't need to elaborate too much here... wear them with everything! Great for weekends (with your denim skirt!) or tucked into a work skirt for the office. Mine's rarely hanging in my wardrobe, it's either on me or in the wash!
Bardot
Sportsgirl - I spied this beauty on our mate Chelsea recently!
Target - I have this stripey number in 2 different colours! I just couldn't choose!
Country Road - A great staple this one. The ultimate dress for layering.
Sussans - Stripes with a difference!
Sussans too!

No comments:

Post a Comment