photo Homebutton_zps33ca85a7.jpgAbout button photo Aboutbutton_zpse4960406.jpgFashion button photo fashionbutton_zpsb93094b2.jpgFood button photo Foodbutton_zps1354918f.jpg photo contactbutton_zps4843722f.jpg

Thursday 3 September 2015

A Chaotic Enterprise - Part Three

Hello readers

You may remember some time ago, I posted about an exciting new project I was embarking on. It involved a vintage caravan and a whole lotta dreams.
You may also remember the follow up post, forlorn and downtrodden, with my dreams dashed and the future looking hopeless. You can update yourself if you're unfamiliar here and here.

Let me start by saying, that nothing gets your arse into gear like moving house. Anyone who rents knows you are at the mercy of the landlord gods and alas, Max and I must move out of our farmhouse and traipse all our crap into a new premises. Good times.

After my last post, I wasn't feeling particularly inspired to continue with the caravan project. The water damage seemed too great, and ugly, and not worthy of any more time (or thought - I literally forgot I had the thing). However, Max (being the yin to my yang) gave me some poignant advice:

"It doesn't need to look pretty anymore. We just need to be able to move it".

Choice words, and completely true. Somehow, our current landlords aren't likely to be thrilled if we leave a 14-foot, lopsided caravan in their shed. Here we are, six weeks on and we are at a point that Miss Caravan is stable and roadworthy! Yay! (Dear old Max, if it weren't for him I would've set it on fire by now. He has done all the hard work, so while this post may seem like I'm taking credit, I am absolutely NOT. Thanks Maxie). Not only is it roadworthy, but we've even put in new floorboards!

Slowly but surely there is hope on the horizon. Who knows? Maybe my dreams of  having a vintage caravan/ travelling coffee and clothes shop hybrid will come true!

What to you think? Can you see progress?

Rotting wood was a big problem that led to the van tilting to one side - the frame couldn't support the weight.
With some more manly help, we took out the old frame and replaced it.
Thanks to papa-in-law Andrew for cutting it to size at the Men's Shed!
When we pulled out the sink/ oven/ fridge space, the wiring became exposed (unfortunately important for brakes and lights etc when travelling).
There was also a gaping hole
We reinforced the gap with wood and covered the wiring before covering the whole thing up.
Chipboard - cheap as chips and user-friendly! Thump in a few nails and problem solved!
(Remember, we said it doesn't need to look pretty. Yet)
The ultimate in home safety - crocs and handsaws. Makes sense right?
Floating floorboards! Multipurpose - extra support and replacing the ugly lino from before.
Liquid nails and some aquadhere - no wonder people do home renos!
Stay tuned for part four... moving it!

E xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment