photo Homebutton_zps33ca85a7.jpgAbout button photo Aboutbutton_zpse4960406.jpgFashion button photo fashionbutton_zpsb93094b2.jpgFood button photo Foodbutton_zps1354918f.jpg photo contactbutton_zps4843722f.jpg

Sunday 1 March 2015

My Maternity Shoot

Today instead of being the stylist on the shoot I was on the other side of the camera for my very own maternity session. I wasn't sure if it was something I wanted to do at first as I'd seen some maternity shoots that didn't take my fancy. You know the photos I'm talking about, they're really staged, often with awkward poses of the couple hugging the baby bump. That just wasn't for me so I'd discounted having a maternity shoot altogether...that is until I saw Renee Trubai's work! reneetrubai.com.au

Beautiful, relaxed, bare-foot-and-back-to-nature style photos that really capture the essence of carrying a child rather than just a portrait-shot taken in a studio. Renee is a mother of two herself & she absolutely loves being apart of this special time in her client's lives. Her calm & kind demeanour have you feeling at ease from the get-go because trust me, at 35 weeks you're feeling huge & not your usual self so encouragement & direction during the shoot go a long way.

Renee & I also had the pleasure of working with florist Deanna from Distinctive Blooms who supplied the stunning floral crown. She not only picked flowers to match the colour of my dress but the flowers she used all had special meaning (see below)

After a few snaps in the park we headed back home for some relaxed "at home" style shots with my husband (and dogs!)

Ladies, I can't thank you enough for helping me capture this special time in our lives xxx

I've shared a few of my favourite pics from this morning but the rest are yet to come once Renee has the film developed. Yes! Film! 

If you like what you see please give Renee and Deanna's facebook pages a "Like" for me :)

Your stylist,

Megan




Carnation - Endearment and Beauty, they also symbolise a Mother's love
Rose - in general is for love - the colour peach is for appreciation, pink rose buds is for new love
Fern Leaves - Sincerity
Rosemary - remembrance
Lavender - Grace
Gum symbolises protection




4 comments:

  1. These photos are amazing!!! Both Yourself and Michael are so gorgeous and these pics really have captured such a special time in your loves. I am sending you loads of love xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sheryl Caldwell2 March 2015 at 08:10

    Beautiful photos of a beautiful time in your life. I really like the floral crown, and of course your choice of photographer being Renee is my Daughter and so very proud of her work. A beautiful time in your lives together. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank u Sheryl. Renee is fantastic at what she does & a lovely person too x

      Delete